Open a savings account

Please complete this form if you wish to become a member of Boom and deposit savings. You can either attach your ID and proof of address now or provide them later.

After your application is approved, to activate your membership, please deposit a minimum of £5 and maintain an account balance of at least £5 to keep your membership active.

To complete this application, we will ask you to upload:

A copy of your in-date photographic ID, such as a passport or driving licence.

Proof of your address, such as a utility or council tax bill dated within the past three months.

Proof of your National Insurance Number, such as a payslip, P60, or letter about your tax, pension or benefits.

About you

As defined in Regulation 35(14) of the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds 2017.

Contact details

A mobile phone number is required for access to Online Banking.

About your savings

Credit Unions are obliged to comply with legislation that Government has enacted to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism. This regulation is called ‘Regulation 35(14) of the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds 2017’.

We will require your Tax Identification Number (TIN) if you are tax-resident in a country other than the UK.

Document uploader

Upload your documents now, or send them later.

ID must be in date. We can accept:


UK driving licence or UK blue disabled driver's pass (photocards)

National ID card or EU Member State photo ID card

Biometric Residence permit (BRP)

Home Office travel documents

UK Armed Forces ID card

Proof of address documents must be dated within the last three months. We can accept:

Council tax, gas, electricity or water bill

Building society, credit card or bank statement from the past three months

Tax assessment or HMRC letter

Photographic ID, such as a driving licence

Council rent card

Mortgage statement

Private tenancy agreement

Certificate of voter registration

Official letter from a UK solicitor, Benefits Agency, Pensions Service, JobCentre Plus or the DVLA.